Titulo del blogger

El teatro.

martes, 19 de enero de 2021

6.9.-"Fun and Games





Gus attempts to smooth things over with the cartel while Mike ties up loose ends

Previously on "Better Call Saul"...

 ( Bell dinging ) You done?
 Not yet. 
( Gunfire )
 ( Gasping ) 

Mike: In a few days, Howard Hamlin's car will be found several states away. 
There will be cocaine in the upholstery.
 That's the story you were setting up for this guy, yeah?
 So, you two are gonna go about your day, normal, same as ever. 
You keep telling the lie that you've been telling.
 ( Dresage X Slow Shiver's "Perfect Day" plays ) 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 It's the per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct 
♪ ♪ 
Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 To end a per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Da-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪
 It's the per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct
 ♪ ♪
 Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪ 
To end a per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct
 ♪ ♪ 
Da-a-a-a-a-y
 ♪ ♪ 
Ride with me 
♪ ♪ 
Glide with me 
♪ ♪
 Stay by my side with me
 ♪ ♪ 
Through the night
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
Ride on the wings 
♪ ♪ 
Of the angels of love 
♪ ♪
 Who are on our side 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh
 ♪ ♪
 It's the per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪
 To end a per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct
♪ ♪ 
Da-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪ 
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh 
♪ ♪ 
Ahh, ahh, ahh 
♪ ♪ 
It's the per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct 
♪ ♪
 Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 To end a per-r-r-r-fe-e-e-e-ct 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Da-a-a-a-a-y 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
Ride with me 
♪ ♪
 Glide with me 
♪ ♪
 Stay by my side through the night 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Ride on the wings 
♪ ♪ 
Of the angels of love 
♪ ♪
 Who are on our side 
♪ ♪
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 To say 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ I ♪ ♪ ♪ 
Love 
♪ ♪
 You
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Sighs ) 
( Fire crackling )
 ( Crackling continues )
 ( Crackling intensifies )
 ( Air conditioner rattling )
 One day, we'll, uh... we'll wake up and brush our teeth and we'll go to work...
 and at some point we'll suddenly realize... 
that we haven't thought about it at all.
 None of it. 
And that's when we'll know. We'll know we can forget. 
( Rattling continues ) 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Turn signal clicking )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Gearshift clicks ) 
( Engine shuts off ) 
( Insects chirping )
 ♪ ♪
 ( Seatbelt clicks )
 ( Car door opens )
 ♪ ♪ 
( Car door closes )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 ( Insects chirping )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 

Gus: Don Eladio. 

♪ ♪ 
Don Juan. 
Gustavo
. ♪ ♪ 
Don Hector.
 ♪ ♪ 
( Speaking Spanish )
 ♪ ♪
 Gustavo... 
♪ ♪ 
( Insects chirping )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Breathing heavily )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Breathing heavily ) 
( Sighs )
 ( Breathing heavily )
 ♪ ♪ 
( Insects chirping )
 ♪ ♪ 
( Bell dinging ) 
( Dinging continues ) 
♪ ♪
 ( Dinging fades )
 "Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!" 
( Chuckling )
 "Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!" Ay, ay, ay. Ahh. 
( Sighs )
 ( Breathes deeply )
 Bueno. 
Gustavo... 
( Insects chirping )
 ( Breathes deeply ) 
( Glass clinking ) 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 ( Birds chirping )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 ( Chirping continues )
 ( Door opens )
 ( Sighs ) 
The doc left these for you, in the event that you made it back alive
Tell me about the lawyers. Well, they spent a full afternoon with the cops.
 Played it as they were told. 
Maybe a bit better. 
The APD consensus is he walked into the ocean and killed himself. 
Without a body, they can't close the file, but for all practical purposes it's over. 
When can construction resume?

 We need to find a new engineer and a crew to do the work.
 That could take some time. 
Start today. 
( Locks engage )
 ( Door opens )
 ( Ted Gioia Trio's "A Sunday Waltz" playing ) 
( Indistinct conversations ) 

Bartender: Mr. Fring. 
Welcome back. Well, thank you, Brett. 
What can I get you?
 Wine, to start. Yes, sir. 
♪ ♪ 
A glass of the Dressler & Vaughn, please. 
Right away. 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Conversations continue ) 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
Mr. Fring. It's so good to see you. 
It's been a while. 
Yes. 
Too long. 
What are you drinking? 
The Dressler & Vaughn.
 How is it? 
♪ ♪ 
Enough said.
 Brett? 
Can you get that bottle from before? 
Now, normally, we would never have this open, but a couple hours ago, I smelled cigar smoke. 
And I look up and this Cadillac cowboy is rolling in, puffing on a Monte Cristo.
 And, I mean, we're talking the full deal. 
You know, Stetson and ostrich skin boots, the belt buckle the size of Utah. 
On his arm, there's a... a young woman who somehow poured herself into the tightest dress that I have ever seen...
 Anyway, he clearly wants to impress his date, so he orders this
. He takes one sip, and sends it back. 
For a rum and Coke. Diet Coke. What can I say?
 But his loss is definitely your gain. 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Inhales deeply ) 
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 Remarkable. Mm-hmm. I thought you'd like it. 
It is from the birthplace of Syrah, Côte-Rtie. 
This one is Rene Rostaing's La Landonne. 
♪ ♪
 So, I'm in college. 
And I make it to Europe, my first time. 
And I got a little enthusiastic with my Eurail pass.
 Long story short, I get lost. 
And I mean really lost. 
It is the middle of the night, pitch black.
 I'm standing on this cobblestone street with my backpack and there's no one around.
 I mean, I have absolutely no idea where I am. 
Finally, I get to this stand of cedar trees and I just go ahead and roll out the sleeping bag.
 And the next morning I wake up and... I'm in paradise.
 Ampuis. It's... It's... It's this perfect little village in the southeast.
 It's... It's surrounded by vineyards, everything's...green.
 They call it the ancient gateway to the Rhône Valley.
 They've been making wine there since Roman times. 
Am I talking too much?
 No, not at all. 
( Chuckles )
 ( Sniffs ) 
The vineyards are so steep they can't get tractors up there, so they use horses.
 Still, to this day. 
Do you get that, um...
 that meaty... 
it's almost bloody flavor? 
The soil is all iron oxide and manganese. 
You can taste it in the glass, right? 
♪ ♪
 I have a confession to make.
 About a year ago, you mentioned a rare vintage from the same region.
 1978? 
( Chuckling ) 
Yes. Exactly. 
And I must say, you paint a compelling picture.
 ♪ ♪
 I went home that night, and I bought a bottle.
 A 1978 Côte-Rtie? Mm-hmm. 
Mr. Fring, that must... Gustavo.
 Gustavo. 
I'm saving it for a special occasion.
 Well, I would love to hear about it... when you have that occasion. 
♪ ♪ 
Hold on. 
There's something I have to show you.
 The owner bought a bottle of Guigal. I can't open it.
 Of course. But the bottle itself is...
 You'll appreciate this.
 I'll be right back.
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
 ( Dinnerware clinking ) 
♪ ♪ 
( Sighs )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Glass scrapes ) 
♪ ♪ 
( Inhales deeply ) 
Brett. Would you let David know that I've been called away? 

Brett: Of course, Mr. Fring. 
Have a good evening. Thank you.
 ♪ ♪
 ( Indistinct conversations ) 
♪ ♪ 
( Door closes ) 
♪ ♪
 ( Mail thuds )
 ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
( Insects chirping ) 
♪ ♪ 
( Baseball game plays on TV )
 ♪ ♪ 
( Lock disengages ) 
( Sighs ) 
♪ ♪ 
( Sewing machine rattling )
 ( Rattling fades, stops ) 
( Scissors snip ) 
( Rattling resumes ) 
( Rattling fades, stops )
 ( Rattling resumes ) 
( Telephones ringing )
 ( Rattling fades, stops ) 
( Ringing continues ) 
Yes?

 Mike: Mr. Varga, you don't know me, but I'd like to talk about your son. 
My son?
 What happened?
 Maybe we could talk face-to-face...? 
I'm outside. 
( Footsteps approaching ) 
( Insects chirping ) 
( Dog barking ) 
Who are you?
 It's not important.
 I saw you here before.
 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
. What about my son?
 I'm sorry. He won't be found. It was over fast. 
No pain. You were there? 
I was there. 
Your son made some mistakes.
 He fell in with bad people.
 But he was never like them, not really. He had a good heart.
 ( Vehicle passing ) 
One more thing. You won't have to worry about the Salamancas. 
Their day is coming. 
There will be justice. Justice? 
I'm sorry. 
My Spanish. J-Justicia. Justice. 
( Sighs ) 
What you talk about is not justice.
 What you talk of is revenge.
 It never ends. My boy is gone. 
( Sighs )
 ( Speaking Spanish ) 
( Insects chirping )
 ( Footsteps departing ) 
( Elevator clanking ) 
Oh, they got a new trashcan.
 ( Breathes deeply, clears throat ) 
We'll just put in an appearance.
 Twenty minutes tops. 
We can get through twenty minutes of anything. 
( Chime plays )
 ( Indistinct conversations )
 There's Julie and Francis. 
Hey, Kim.
 Hey, guys.
Jimmy.
 ( Conversations continue )
 I always admired him. 
Always. Even when...
 I mean, nobody could relate to a client quite like he could. 
And it wasn't an act.
 He genuinely cared.
 ( Sighs ) I never saw it coming...
 Addiction is a disease. 
He was a good lawyer and a hell of a guy.
 What else is there to say?
 It still doesn't seem real. Mm.
 I mean, I... expect to see him charging down those stairs with a big grin on his face. 

You know, this is probably the last time any of us will be in this building. Why is that? 
Uh, HMM is downsizing. 
Seriously?
 Yep. 
They're gonna take half a floor downtown. 
Hmm. 
And they're changing their name. 
Changing their name to what? 
Uh... Brookner Partners?
 Something like that. End of an era. Yeah. 
Have you spoken to Cheryl? Um, not yet. 
To not even have a body to put in the ground... 
I heard she took a leave from her practice.
 Maybe we should go up there and pay our respects. Yeah. 
( Clears throat ) 
Rich, good to see you.
I wish it was under better circumstances. 

You too, Kim. 
Take care. 
Jimmy...ah, Saul. Bye, Rich.
 ( Sighs ) 
( Indistinct conversations ) 
Cliff. Kim. Jimmy. 
Kim, hi.
 Hi, Cheryl.
 Um, I'm Jimmy McGill. 
You may not remember me.
 I'm Chuck McGill's brother. 
Of course. 
Very sorry for your loss. 
( Sighs ) 
Cheryl, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. 
If Jimmy and I can do anything for you or your family, please just say the word.
 There is something, actually.
 You two were the last ones to see him, weren't you? 
Um... I guess so. 
Um, that's what the police said.
 Howard told me that you were harassing him.
 Playing elaborate pranks of some sort. 
That you wouldn't leave him alone.
 I know he thought that.
 H-He told me, as well. 
Um, I think he honestly believed it.
 But you're denying it. 
You know what? 
( Clears throat )
 I didn't leave here under the best, uh, terms. 
The past few years, I could have, uh, been more considerate to Howard instead of yitzing him every chance I got. 
I guess, uh... there was a certain amount of jealousy on my part because Howard had the, uh, respect of my brother. 
Which I never did. 
Tell me what you told the police. 
Okay. Um ( clears throat ) well, I mean, it was 11:00 P.M.
 Howard started pounding on our door. 
He was very upset, going on about something, uh, he thought was my fault. 
Uh, I guess it had to do with the Sandpiper case, but I-I couldn't make head or tail out of it.
 We tried to calm him down... 
but he just... he just wouldn't. Um..
Finally, he left. That..
That's it. I'm not oblivious.
 I know people are saying he was on drսg. Is that what you're trying to tell me? It just... 
He just didn't seem like himself. 
Are you hearing all of this? Because none of it makes sense to me. 

Main: Cheryl, maybe we should just... I don't care what people are saying.
 I don't care what the police think. 
Howard was not on drսg.
 That simply is not true.
 There's something more to this.
 I don't know if it's my place, but... I... I...
 Please... just spit it out. 
( Sighs ) 
It was about a year and a half ago.
 I was still an associate here. 
Working late on a brief.
 And I saw a light on in Howard's office. I assumed the cleaning crew left it on by mistake.
 And I was sure the office was empty, so I didn't knock..
. And? 
( Sighs )
 And Howard was there at his desk, head down, and he was snοrt¡ng something.
 ( Scoffs ) 
I looked at him. He looked at me. I didn't know what to do, so I just walked out. 
And the next morning when we saw each other, neither of us said anything about it. I never told anyone...
 but now I wish I had. In all the years that you worked with him, have you witnessed anything like this?
 Even a hint?
 Cliff? 
I... Cheryl, this really isn't the time or the place. Cheryl, you were his wife. 
You...
 You saw him every day, you knew him better than anyone. 
Maybe I misunderstood what I saw... 
You would have known. 
( Voice breaking ) 
Please excuse me.
 Her sister's here somewhere. I'm... I'm gonna go find her.
 ( Chime plays ) I know that was tough, um, but it's over now.
 I mean really over. 
Let the healing begin. 
( Breathes heavily )
 ( Pen clicking rapidly ) 

Bailiff: All rise
. Court is now in session. 
The Honorable Judge Dearden presiding. 
Good afternoon.
 We are here to discuss a motion to exclude evidence in State of New Mexico v. Yarborough
. Your Honor, if I may?
 I submitted an additional motion.
 I'm assuming you have not seen it yet. 
Did we get that?
 It just came in, Judge. I apologize.
 It was a last minute addition. 
Last minute is right.
 Do I understand this correctly?
 You're requesting to withdraw from this case? Yes, Your Honor.
 My client is fully informed and I've already been in touch with another attorney. 
Paige Novick.
 She's highly qualified and familiar with the case. 
She's prepared to step in, if you'll allow it.
 Ms. Wexler, Mr. Orenstein, approach the bench.
 Ms. Wexler, we are here today at your insistence, to consider your motion, to exclude evidence.

 And this is the moment you choose to withdraw?
 It was unavoidable.
 May I ask why?
 Personal reasons, Your Honor. 
Personal reasons. 
Are we talking about a health issue? 
Something to do with a loved one?
 No. Would you rather discuss this privately in chambers? 
Thank you for the consideration... but no. Would you care to supply any detail at all? 
Your Honor, I'd prefer not to.
 ( Sighs )
 Mr. Orenstein, is the state prepared to discuss Ms. Wexler's motion? 
We are, Your Honor. Absolutely. You know what, Ms. Wexler? 
Mr. Orenstein is here.
 I'm here. We all showed up for your party and now you're taking away the punchbowl?
 I'm inclined to have you argue your motion and then I'll consider late-arriving petitions. 
I'm sorry for wasting the court's time, Your Honor, but it's impossible for me to continue with this hearing.
 And why is that, Ms. Wexler? 
Because I'm no longer an attorney.
 I'm sorry?
 What?
 I gave notice to the bar two hours ago. 
( Breathes deeply ) 
( Insects chirping ) 
( Vehicle approaching )
 ( Tires screech ) 
( Tires screech ) 
( Engine shuts off ) 
( Footsteps approaching )
 ( Doorknob rattling ) 
( Door opens, slams )
 You did what?! Why... why?
! All right, all right. I know why. 
But, Kim, you can't just... 
Jimmy, I-I... 
Shh. 
Just let me say my piece, okay?
 Just... Let's take a breath here. 
Kim, after everything that happened...
 I mean, Jesus. I get it.
 You want to climb out of your own skin. 
That's natural.
 But, Kim, you don't just throw everything away.
 Th-This is your life.
 You're a lawyer. Wh... 
uh, what about your clients, huh?
 What about, uh, that poor guy, uh, Mr. Yarborough?
 What about the kid in foster care? Huh? 
You give them everything you've got. 
Who are they gonna find who's half as good as you?
 No one! They need you. It's already done. Ugh! 
( Sniffles )
 Okay. What's done can be undone. 
All I'm saying is just... just... 
let's take a week or two to think it over.
 For now, we're gonna take some time off. 
God knows we need it. We're gonna find a new place. 
We're gonna leave here.
 We're never, ever gonna come back here again, okay? 
We're gonna... 
We're gonna put it behind us. 
Things will look brighter. I guarantee it. 
But first, we have to fix this. 
So we're gonna go back to the hotel room, and you're gonna write letters. 
You're gonna write a letter to the bar. 
You're gonna write letters to your clients. 
Y-You... You dictate. I
 will type. We're gonna roll this thing back.
 I'll order a pizza. 
We'll pull an all-nighter because we're in this together, okay?
 So, I'm gonna go get your...
 your printer and then we're gonna get the hell out of here.
 Look, Jimmy...
 J-Jimmy...
 ( Door bangs )
 You asked if you were bad for me. 

Kim: That's not it.
We are bad for each other.
 Kim. 
Don't do this. 
( Sighs )
 Kim, please.
 Jimmy. 
I have had the time of my life with you.
 But we are bad for everyone around us. 
Other people suffer because of us.
 Apart, we're okay, but together... we're poison. 
No. 
No. 
Just tell me what I need to do to change, okay?
 Just tell me what it is and I'll do it. Jimmy.
 No, Kim. 
You make me happy.
 We make each other happy. 
How can that be bad? 
Hey. I love you. I love you, too. 
( Voice breaking ) 
But so what? 
No. No. No, Kim, you're wrong! 
This is about Howard! Okay?
 What happened to him wasn't on us. 
It wasn't your fault. It wasn't my fault! 
It was that fսck¡ng Lalo Salamanca! 
That psychopath came back from the dead and he walked through that door! 
He did this. Not us. Him. 
I knew. You knew wh-what?
 I knew he was alive.
 No, you didn't. It was about a month ago.
 I saw that car following me again.
 And it turned out that Mike Ehrmantraut had guys watching both of us.
Watching for Lalo. 
Mike... Mike told you that Lalo was alive... and you didn't tell me?
 ( Exhales sharply ) 
Jimmy, I thought... I thought it was a one in a million chance that he'd come for us.
I thought he would be caught if he did. 
And I told myself I was protecting you. 
But that's not the truth. The... 
( Sighs ) 
The real reason I didn't tell you was because I knew what you'd do.
 Wh... 
What would I do? 
You'd... You'd blame yourself.
 You'd fear for me. 
You'd want us to run and hide until you were sure I was safe. 
You would pull the plug on the scam. 
And then...
 And then, uh... 
we'd break up.
 ( Voice breaking )
 And I didn't want that.
 ( Exhales heavily ) 
Because I was having too much fun. 
( Crying )
 ( Thud in distance ) 
( Zipping )
 ( Tape stretching, ripping ) 
( Motor whirring )
 ( Birds chirping )
 ( Journey's "Any Way You Want It" plays on the radio )
 ♪ 
Any way you want it, that's the way you need it
♪ ♪ 
Any way you want it
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
She loves to laugh
♪ ♪
 She loves to sing
♪ ♪ 
She does everything
♪ ♪
 She loves to move
♪ ♪
 She loves to groove
♪ 
( Sighs )
 ( Music stops ) 
Rise and shine, time to go. 
( Sniffs, sighs )
 ( Bluetooth beeps ) 
( Sighs )
 ( Exhales heavily )
 Hit me.
 I'm hearing your report didn't use the magic words, Doc.
 Soft. Tissue. Damage. 
Doesn't matter what the X-rays show, tissue damage gets my client paid... 
Hey, hey. You're not listening. 
My client isn't just suing your company, he's coming after you personally. 
( Sighs ) 
Listen, you have a choice, okay?
 You can ( exhales sharply ) pay up now or, uh, bleed to death in court. 
So, I say be smart and write that check. 
You have till 
E.O.D.
 I'm so sorry. I'm getting another call.
 ( Hair dryer blowing )
 Got it.
 What else you got?
 ( Hangers clinking )
 Oh, that's my Xanax guy. 
Uh, tell him yes and today... 
Another public masturbator?
 Which one?
 A new guy?
 Huh. Everyone must be doing it... 
What do you mean, he hasn't paid?
 I saw him give you the card. A fake?
 That sneaky little jackass. Tell him he'll be spending St. Patrick's Day in Los Lunas unless he comes up with the cash ASAP.
 Wait. Shut up. Shut up. I got a good one. 
Did you see a bus went off I-40 up near Gates? 
Eighteen people injured. 
Uh, don't we know a kid, an intern at the hospital up there, had a bunch of DUIs? What was his name? Breakfast bar, go ahead, take one. 
I'm not... I'm not talking to you. 
Uh, Ramirez. Ramirez. Yes.
 Call that kid. Tell him I want the names and numbers of all the victims.
 I smell class action. 
And then get the kid with the camera.
 Send him up there.
 And then call the newspaper and say that Saul Goodman is outraged at the "Fiery Fiasco on the Forty." 
That's what we're gonna call it. 
( Engine rumbling ) 
Move it to court day. 
( Radio chatter ) 
I'm... I'm not going down there twice in one week. 
That's their problem... 
( Clears throat )
 Send a messenger with, uh, Beanie Babies and an Edible Arrangement with extra dipped pineapple. It's... Shut up.
 Shut up. 

Saul on radio: Better Call Saul! 
Auto insurance won't pay for your fender bender?
 Ripped off by your brother-in-law?
 Major or minor surgery gone wrong?
 I'm here for you, 
Albuquerque.
 Better Call Saul! Call 505-503-4...
 Did you hear that? 
It's in mono.
 I'm not paying for that muffled crap.
 Mono! It's what The Beatles used. 
It's ancient. Look, I sound like I'm in a well inside of a cave under a blanket.
 I'm... Who wants a lawyer who you can't hear?
 Here's what you do.
 Stop the check ASAP, then call the station manager.
 ( Gearshift clicks )
 You tell them if the ad doesn't make my ears bleed the next time it plays, I will see him in court.
 ( Sighs )
 ( Car alarm chirps ) 
Screw the FCC! I'll go to the mat with those pencil-pushers. 
Ugh.
( Groaning ) 
This is textbook freedom of speech.
 What could be more American than that?
 I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy. 
( Car alarm chirps ) 
( Non-Stop Producers "Battle Hymn" playing ) 
Get all that? Call the bank
. Cancel the check.
 Call the station manager. 
Tell him to crank it up or I'll see him in court. 
Got it.
 ( Person coughing )
 ( Baby wailing ) 
Move.
 ♪ ♪
 ( Keys clatter )
 ( Sighs ) 
( Sips )
 ( Exhales heavily ) 
( Cracks knuckles, exhales sharply ) 
( Moans )
 ( Keypad beeps ) 
( Sighs ) 

Francesca: What? 
Alright.
 Let justice be done though the heavens fall.
 ( Keypad beeps ) 

Jimmy: And ready, set, action! 
Move, move, move! 
Go, go, go! 
One, Armani suits and run! 
Two, Air Jordan shoes for you! 
Three, linen shirts for free!
 Four, cashmere sweaters out the door!
 Let's go, let's go, let's go! 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Read more at: https://tvshowtranscripts.ourboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=55064



"Fun and Games" es el noveno episodio de la sexta temporada de Better Call Saul y el quincuagésimo noveno episodio de la serie en total.



Al día siguiente de la muerte de Howard , Jimmy supervisa la instalación de un letrero sobre su oficina en el centro comercial mientras Kim argumenta varios casos de defensores públicos en el juzgado . A medida que avanzan en su día, Mike y sus hombres limpian el apartamento de Kim y eliminan cualquier rastro de lo que ocurrió la noche anterior. Mike quema los elementos utilizados en la limpieza, incluidas las fotos del cuerpo de Howard , en un barril en el desierto. Jimmy y Kim llegan a casa para ver el apartamento como estaba antes del asesinato, pero deciden pasar la noche en un motel. Allí, Jimmy, repitiendo el consejo que Mike le dio después de su terrible experiencia en el desierto .—le dice a Kim que un día dejarán de pensar en lo que pasó con Howard y Lalo , y entonces podrán seguir adelante. Kim no responde.

Acto I

Esa misma noche, Gus conduce a la hacienda de Don Eladio en México para una reunión entre él, Eladio, Juan Bolsa , los primos y Héctor . En su piscina, Eladio explica que Héctor afirma haber estado en contacto con Lalo, quien sobrevivió al intento de asesinato y le había dicho a Héctor .que Gus estaba detrás. Gus refuta las afirmaciones de Héctor. Como los primos no vieron a Héctor recibir una llamada telefónica de Lalo y declararon que habían visto el cuerpo de Lalo, Eladio descarta las acusaciones sobre las protestas de Héctor. Sin embargo, antes de retirarse a su hacienda, Eladio le dice a Gus que siente "odio" de él, lo que disculpa con la condición de que Gus recuerde "quién es el jefe". Gus mira fijamente a la piscina de Eladio.

A la mañana siguiente, Gus regresa a casa y abre las ventanas de su residencia, aparentemente a gusto. En el sótano, Mike se entera de que Jimmy y Kim hicieron sus declaraciones sobre la desaparición de Howard a la policía, que asumió que Howard se suicidó. Gus pide que se reanuden inmediatamente los trabajos de excavación , aunque Mike advierte que llevará tiempo encontrar un nuevo ingeniero y equipo de construcción. Mike tiene dudas sobre el plan de Gus, pero se las guarda para sí mismo.

Acto II
Gus visita un bar de moda y pide una copa de vino tinto caro. Es abordado por el sommelier, David , a quien conoce bien. Los dos hombres intercambian anécdotas relacionadas con el vino: David recuerda una experiencia pasada visitando la región vinícola francesa, mientras que Gus recuerda haber comprado una cosecha que David recomendó. Después de que David se va para servir a otros clientes, Gus termina su vaso. Un manto oscuro cae sobre su estado de ánimo previamente cálido. Le dice a la camarera que le diga a David que lo han llamado, dejando algo de dinero y la botella de vino tinto en el bar.

Acto III
Al llegar a casa, Mike recupera una caja de seguridad de un compartimento oculto debajo de su armario y pone su revólver, municiones y la tarjeta de identificación falsa de Manuel Varga dentro. Intenta ver béisbol en la televisión, pero se inquieta y recupera la tarjeta de identificación. Mike luego conduce a la tapicería de Manuel y lo llama afuera. Le informa a Manuel que Nacho está muerto; que su muertefue rápido e indoloro; y que tenía un "buen corazón" a pesar de meterse con gente mala. 
Mike le asegura además que ya no tendrá que preocuparse por los Salamanca, afirmando que pronto se encontrarán con la "justicia". Manuel reprende a Mike, diciendo que lo que está describiendo es "venganza" y parte de un ciclo interminable de violencia. Angustiado por la pérdida de su hijo, Manuel se aleja de Mike y regresa a su tienda.


Acto IV

Jimmy y Kim visitan HHM , donde se lleva a cabo una fiesta en memoria de Howard. Hablando con Rich , la pareja se entera de que HHM ha cambiado su nombre y se ha reducido drásticamente. Se acercan a la viuda de Howard, Cheryl , que está hablando con Cliff . Cheryl los confronta sobre las afirmaciones anteriores de Howard de que Jimmy lo había estado acosando ., exigiendo que Jimmy repita la historia que le contó a la policía sobre el último supuesto avistamiento de Howard. Jimmy afirma que Howard se presentó en el apartamento en un estado de adicción a las drogas, pero Cheryl, enojada, se niega a creerle. 
Kim inventa una historia sobre atrapar a Howard esnifando cocaína en su oficina. Con Cliff reacio a ponerse de su lado, Cheryl se derrumba y se disculpa para ir al baño. En el estacionamiento, Kim atrae a Jimmy para darle un beso sombrío y se va.

Acto V

Más tarde, en una audiencia judicial, el juez recibe una moción de última hora de Kim para retirarse del caso que está defendiendo. Está perturbado por el giro de los acontecimientos, ya que la audiencia se lleva a cabo por insistencia de Kim y ella se niega a indicar el motivo de su retiro más allá de "motivos personales". Cuando el juez pregunta por qué no deberían continuar con la audiencia, Kim le informa que ha notificado al colegio de abogados estatal que ya no es abogada.

Esa noche, Kim fuma en su patio cuando Jimmy llega a casa, atónito con la noticia. Intenta desesperadamente persuadir a Kim para que reconsidere su decisión y recupere su carrera. Sin embargo, descubre cajas a medio hacer y equipaje en el dormitorio: Kim está a punto de irse de Albuquerque. Kim, emocionada, le dice a Jimmy que se ha dado cuenta de que los dos tienen que separarse, ya que son malos el uno para el otro y para las personas que los rodean. 
Ella confiesa además que sabía que Lalo estaba vivo mucho antes de que apareciera en el apartamento, ya que Mike le informó de su estado . Entre lágrimas, admite que no le dijo la verdad a Jimmy porque habría terminado con el plan contra Howard, habría terminado con su relación y porque se estaba "divirtiendo demasiado" como para detenerse. Jimmy se queda en silencio mientras Kim continúa empacando.

Algún tiempo después, en el año 2005, Jimmy McGill, ahora Saul Goodman en serio, se despierta en su ornamentada mansión junto a una prostituta. Se embarca en su rutina matutina, elige qué trajes ponerse y conduce al trabajo, mientras amenaza a los litigantes y se queja con Francesca a través de su auricular. Llega a su oficina en el centro comercial, que desde entonces ha sido redecorada con un estilo llamativo más cercano a sus gustos, y camina por la sala de espera abarrotada. Una vez dentro de su oficina, Saul le indica a Francesca a través del intercomunicador que traiga su primera consulta del día.

Trivialidades

El episodio concluyó con una dedicación conmemorativa del episodio a Julia Clark Downs. Se desempeñó como consultora de la serie. En un momento de su carrera, trabajó para ella misma y para la Oficina del Fiscal del Distrito. Murió en un accidente el 5 de octubre de 2021.
"Diversión y juegos" puede referirse a actividades que son fugaces, intrascendentes y relativamente inútiles. También puede derivarse del antiguo proverbio: "Todo es diversión y juegos hasta que alguien pierde un ojo". Esta es probablemente una referencia a las ramificaciones de la muerte de Howard Hamlin y el suicidio simulado en el episodio anterior.

Este episodio tiene numerosas referencias a Breaking Bad :

  • En el teaser, se ve a Jimmy colocando yesos en uno de sus clientes, exactamente lo mismo que hizo con otro cliente en " Green Light ".
  • Gus es informado en este episodio por Eladio que todo el norte, excepto el Valle Sur, es su territorio, que es el mismo territorio que controla en Breaking Bad .
  • Mientras se viste, Jimmy pregunta si hay "otro masturbador público" haciendo referencia a lo que confundió con Badger en " Better Call Saul ".
  • El icónico Cadillac de Jimmy y la marca y el marketing "Better Call Saul" hacen su primera aparición cronológica.
  • La transición de la escena de la sangre de Howard a la salsa de tomate en el almuerzo de Jimmy se asemeja a la transición entre la sangre de Víctor y el ketchup en el plato de Walt/Jesse en el restaurante de " Box Cutter ".
  • La pintura sobre la cama en la habitación de hotel en la que se hospedan Jimmy y Kim es vista por Walter White durante su visita al hospital en " Bit by a Dead Bee ", y una vez más en otra habitación de hotel durante " Gliding Over All ", esta vez comentada. por Walter mientras se pregunta en voz alta si todos provienen de "un almacén gigante".
  • En la escena de flash-forward hacia el final del episodio, Jimmy llama a Francesca desde su oficina y le dice " Que se haga justicia, aunque el cielo se derrumbe ". Chuck le dijo esta línea a Howard en " Chicanery ", pensando que estaba a punto de ayudar a inhabilitar a su propio hermano.
  • El automóvil de Jimmy tiene placas de matrícula con fecha de vencimiento de noviembre de 2005 y una placa de discapacidad con fecha del 20 de noviembre de 2008. En Nuevo México, las placas de discapacidad permanentes son válidas por 4 años [1] , lo que significa que lo más pronto que podrían tener lugar las escenas de flash-forward. (aunque poco probable) es noviembre de 2004.
  • Al igual que el episodio " Plan and Execution ", la transmisión original de este episodio presenta un adelanto en blanco y negro después de los créditos. Muestra una toma de cámara estática de lo que parece ser un centro comercial oscuro. Las luces se encienden de fondo, mientras escuchamos a Jimmy hablar a través de lo que parece ser un megáfono. Él dice: " ¡Listos, listos, acción! ¡Muévanse, muévanse, muévanse! ¡Adelante, adelante, adelante! Uno, traje de Armani y uno! ¡Dos, zapatos Air Jordan para ti! ¡Tres, camisas de lino gratis! Cuatro, suéteres de Cachemira fuera ¡La puerta! ¡Vamos, vamos, vamos !
  • Las fotos de Howard utilizadas en su servicio conmemorativo se tomaron de la página de Instagram de Patrick Fabian , y algunas se retocaron para preservar la continuidad (en particular, una foto de Fabian parado junto a su bicicleta en un triatlón tenía el año en su camiseta cambiado de 2007 a 2002, y una foto de Fabian caminando tenía a Tony Dalton {irónicamente, el actor que interpretó al asesino de Howard } recortado fuera del marco).
  • En el ascensor del estacionamiento de HHM, Jimmy mira el nuevo bote de basura de metal y comenta que lo han reemplazado. Esta es una devolución de llamada cuando Jimmy pateó repetidamente la lata por enojo, tanto como para abollarla, en el primer episodio de la serie. Jimmy y Kim también se besan por última vez en el mismo parking en el que compartieron un cigarrillo en su primera escena juntos. (" Uno ")







Música destacada

"Any Way You Want It" de Journey (Como la alarma de Saul en su mansión)

"Perfect Day" de Dresage y Slow Shiver (Avance)

Frases memorables


" Estas son las palabras de don Héctor . Dictadas a Leonel y Marco , letra por letra. El asalto a la hacienda de mi sobrino fracasó. Lalo luchó contra los asesinos y ganó. Al día siguiente del ataque, Lalo me llamó. Escuché la verdad de sus propios labios. . Fue Fring quien envió a los mercenarios, no los peruanos. Mantuvimos en secreto la supervivencia de Lalo. Mi sobrino estaba a punto de vengarse del traidor, cara a cara. En cambio, desapareció. Es obra del Hombre Pollo. Don Eladio , mírele a los ojos a Fring. Ahí verá la verdad. El Hombre Pollo lo odia. Es nuestro enemigo. Conspira contra nosotros. Exijo sangre por sangre " .
― Las acusaciones de Héctor contra Gus leídas por Juan Bolsa .

" Preguntaste si eras malo para mí. No es eso, somos malos el uno para el otro. (...) Jimmy... he tenido el mejor momento de mi vida contigo. Pero somos malos para todos los que nos rodean". "Otras personas sufren por nuestra culpa. Separados estamos bien, pero juntos somos veneno " .
― Kim explica por qué deja a Jimmy .

" Lo sabía. (...) Sabía que estaba vivo. (...) Pensé que había una probabilidad entre un millón de que viniera por nosotros. Pensé que lo atraparían si lo hacía. Y yo Me dije a mí mismo que te estaba protegiendo. Pero esa no es la verdad. La... la verdadera razón por la que no te lo dije fue porque sabía lo que harías. (...) Tú... tú Te culparías a ti mismo Temerías por mí, querrías que corriéramos y nos escondiéramos hasta que estuvieras seguro de que estaba a salvo, desconectarías la estafa , y luego... y luego, eh... nosotros d romper. Y no quería eso... porque me estaba divirtiendo demasiado " .

―Las últimas palabras de Kim a Jimmy antes de dejarlo, explicando su decisión de no decirle que Lalo estaba vivo.

" "Que se haga justicia, aunque se caigan los cielos" "
―Saúl a Francesca


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

La serie de televisión Breaking Bad.-a

Introducción  Breaking Bad es una serie de televisión dramática estadounidense creada y producida por Vince Gilligan. Breaking Bad...