Titulo del blogger

El teatro.

lunes, 1 de mayo de 2017

Guión Rob Roy II.-a


Guión 

Well done, Rob, man.

Cut out another of the cattle.

If the tinkers ate one, they could have eaten two.

Montrose will charge you, nonetheless.

I'm weary of seeing children hungry and old folk cold.

It'll take more than a cow to fix that.

You'll be in the Americas, living off the fat,

so it won't worry ya.

- Have some broth, Rob. - No, Coll. I'm for home.

God bless you, Rob.

Rob just walks in among them, his sword still in its sheath

and says, "Get up, you bunch of ragged-arsed..."

Hello, Rob.

"Get up, you bunch of ragged-arsed cow thieves."

Rob up to him and says,

"Tell your crew to lay down and I'll only cut your throat,

else I'll call my men."

And we're all there. We are ready.

Get up, boy. Come on.

Go on. Get.

I dreamed a silkie came.

And what did he do to you, your silkie?

You wakened me before the best of it,

but he would have ravished me for certain.

How do you know you're awake, wife?

Mr Killearn.

I'm on my way.

Aye. Well on the way, I'd venture.

Let me be, Mr Killearn. You'll wake him.

Don't, Mr Killearn!

I'm sure the young master has you nicely greased, does he not?

Oh, Betty, you'd hardly feel me going in.

A wee whiff of quim in the morning,

Mr Cunningham, sir.

Just the thing to clear your head.

Mr Cunningham, I hope I'm not disturbing you.

Of course you're bloody well disturbing me.

Do you think I want to wake up

and find some great smelly Scotch man staring down at me?

What are you doing here?

I came to tell you that some local trades people

are pressing for payment on your debt.

You woke me for that?

A thousand apologies, Mr Cunningham,

but they've also writ to His Lordship.

Damn it, man.

I but recently earned His Lordship 200 guineas.

What are the complaints of a few tradesmen for such services?

This country does not agree with me.

I cannot wait to be out of the damnable place.

The sentiments of a great many of us, sir.

Would you like me to take away your chamber pot?

I know many a Scotsman would be glad of this on a cold morning.

It's almost pure spirit,

and I'm no judge of a pint of pish.

Come back.

Come here!

I killed Tam Sibbald yesterday morning.

We played ball once at Creiff market.

I remember shouting, "Well done, Tam",

when he made a run.

And there he was, hung on the end of my dirk like meat.

Aye.

Well, likely it was necessary.

Aye, it was. Necessary enough to save worse.

But those tinkers weren't all born broken men, Mary.

Some of them had kin and clan.

They made me fear I might have come across

one of our own among them.

McGregors are not tinkers.

But a hard winter or two away, some of us...

What's gnawing on you, Robert?

I've made up my mind to borrow money from Montrose

to buy cattle at Creiff market and sell at Carlisle.

How much money?

£1,000.

Believe me, Mary, it will turn profit.

£6 in Creiff is £12 in Carlisle.

And I know cattle.

I can drive them faster and deliver them fatter

than any man in the kingdom.

Why would the Marquis of Montrose lend a McGregor £1,000?

For profit, what else?

It's an investment as much as a loan.

So it's business partners you are now, you and the Marquis.

Keep that tongue for your boys, woman.

I didn't tell you my mind to be flayed for it.

You know I love the bones of you, Robert McGregor.

But you take too much to heart that cannot be helped.

It must be helped.

All right,

but not today.

I got yous.

I got the two of yous!

Got the two of yous!

Move on.

Father,

will McGregors ever be kings again?

All men with honour are kings,

but not all kings have honour.

What is honour?

Honour is

what no man can give you

and none can take away.

Honour is a man's gift to himself.

Do women have it?

Women are the heart of honour,

and we cherish and protect it in them.

You must never mistreat a woman or malign a man,

nor stand by and see another do so.

How do you know if you have it?

Never worry on the getting of it.

It grows in you and speaks to you.

All you need do is listen.

All right, lads, enough of the finer things.

You've animals to tend to and water to haul.

Your mother and me will be down directly.

Take the basket.

Come on! I'll race you down the hill.

Do you know how fine you are to me, Mary McGregor?

So fine.

Is that why you sent them away?

To tell me how fine I am?

Or did you want to make a silk purse

out of my sow's ear again?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

What a wanton I'm wed to.

You know what the old wives say

about these standing stones?

No. What do the old wives say... old wife?

Ow!

Ow. Come here.

What do they say?

So, what do they say?

They say the stones make men hard

and women fertile.

We've no need of them, you and me.

You know how fine you are to me, Robert McGregor?

This tailor in Glasgow to whom you owe £87

extended this credit because you were my guest?

Or as you prefer to frame it,

a member of my household.

I can assure Your Lordship

I have in no manner indebted him.

And now Killearn tells me

that you are saddling one of my serving wenches.

Damn it, sir! Your mother did not send you to me

to debauch innocent girls.

I regret that I have so offended Your Lordship.

By your leave, I will remove myself.

And to where,

might I ask?

You are penniless. You have no mount.

You know no-one.

To where would you remove yourself?

Have you some notion

of presenting yourself at the Duke of Argyll's door

and soliciting his patronage as his new champion?

I am Your Lordship's to command.

Remember your place, sir!

That's all I ask of any man.

What is next?

McGregor, My Lord.

You may go, Archibald.

You bear no arms?

I hadn't planned on demanding terms at sword point.



Robert McGregor of Craigrostan, My Lord. 

So, McGregor... 

I knew your father, an able man, if not a wise one. 

Have you taken on his mantle? 

As best I may, My Lord. 

So, how many men are you master of? 

Master of none, My Lord, 

but some 200 souls live close by Craigrostan, 

and they're in my care. 

You are a profit and provider to them, 

is that not so? 

What I can, I do. 

It is no great matter compared to Your Lordship's work. 

To know one's place, McGregor, 

in the order of things is a great blessing. 

What terms, Killearn? 

A fifth, My Lord. 

A fifth, you say? 

What, is this man kin that you offer such kindly terms? 

Am I not accustomed to a quarter on unsecured loans? 

McGregor has 300 acres at Craigrostan, My Lord. 

Ah. A man of property intent on growing richer. 

Well, we have more in common than I would have suspected, McGregor. 

£1,000 for 3 months, you say, 

and these acres of yours as security? 

And my oath. 

Ah, yes. 

Tell me, is there something in what Killearn says 

that you might have driven off my cattle 

and returned them with stories of tinkers caught and summarily executed? 

I have, in my day, thieved cattle, 

but none that were under my watch. 

Is that what passes for honour 

with a McGregor? 

What passes for honour with me 

is likely enough the same as with Your Lordship. 

When my word is given, 

it is good. 

Well, you are to be congratulated 

on such cheaply bought nobility. 

Killearn will draw papers. 

I will expect the terms to be met. 

My thanks to Your Lordship. 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

La serie de televisión Breaking Bad.-a

Introducción  Breaking Bad es una serie de televisión dramática estadounidense creada y producida por Vince Gilligan. Breaking Bad...