Titulo del blogger

El teatro.

martes, 19 de diciembre de 2017

Guión Rob Roy IV


Rob is right.

Rob is right!

It is not within our reach to harm such as Montrose.

Wheesht! Wheesht! Wheesht!

Wheesht! Wheesht!

I will harm him. Never fear.

Aye! Aye!

The tenderest part of the Marquis is his purse.

We'll hurt him there.

Thieve his cattle. Steal his rent.

Rent and cattle, until his coffers are bled.

Aye! Aye!

Wait! Wait!

Wheesht! Wheesht! Morag.

We have not heard Mary on it,

and in truth, she was the one most affronted.

Rob is right.

What cannot be helped must be endured.

It will look more like itself when the sun shines.

Eh, lads?

When we have our bed in it and us in our bed,

it will seem home enough.

All right,

play can wait, we have work to do.

Duncan.

I should have been with you, Mary.

It wasn't right that I was in the hills.

Then you would be dead now.

No. They would have taken me to the tolbooth.

No. I think you would be dead.

I could not hear all of it,

but Killearn talked of money that Archie might take.

This is Cunningham, this Archie?

He is wild... but it's not him.

It's that Killearn.

He has the devil in him.

Tell me about this money.

Did you hear a sum spoken?

Archie said it would be the easiest £1,000 he'd ever earned.

The only pity that it would be in Scots and not English pounds.

How did he mean to earn this £1,000?

I know not,

save that Killearn said no trace must be left.

My husband will appreciate that you came with this word.

Will you take some supper and rest, Betty?

For you look ill-used.

Oh, I'm no worse used than I deserve, Mistress McGregor.

For I have a bastard's bastard in me,

and no home for him when he comes out.

Then we better feed you,

or he won't have the strength to try it.

Oh, lass, lass, lass.

Bear up now.

Your bairn will have you, and you will have it.

But I will not have Archie.

Mistress McGregor, I love him

even after all.

Oh, is that not a worse sin than any other?

No, Betty.

Love is never a sin,

only the lack of it.

I knew it.

I knew they plotted against us.

Damn them that they carried it through.

I will have them before the Assize, Killearn and Cunningham.

Montrose, too, if he were part of it.

Such men will admit this

because Betty Sturrock, with her belly under her chin, says so?

- What's her belly to do with it? - She's carrying the Englishman's child.

They'll call her a whore come for revenge.

She'll speak the truth.

To these men, the truth is but a lie undiscovered.

I will have justice!

Alan McDonald is dead, woman.

Then take your case to the Duke of Argyll.

He bears Montrose no favour.

You hold great store by wolves of different shades.

- They're all alike at lambing. - You will have nothing but your own way!

I tell you, Killearn and Cunningham

will not be condemned before any Assize on Betty's word.

Aye.

But I know one that will condemn them,

and I'll have them before it,

or I'm not Robert McGregor.

The Englishman will never find him.

McGregor knows every rock and track

and can walk faster than the troopers can ride.

Look, put me onto His Lordship

as a man who knows the highways and byways.

I'll find him. I swear it.

On your feet, Killearn.

You and I have business.

Now is your moment, Guthrie.

It would stand well with His Lordship.

This is not your fight, Guthrie.

And if I make it my fight?

Then give Tam Sibbald my regards when you see him.

Fight him well and you'll win His Lordship's favour.

I warrant it.

Aaagh!

Please, please, please don't kill me.

Don't kill me. It wasn't me.

Outside.

It's him the lass wants revenge on... Cunningham.

And I grant it, he treated her sore.

If you harm me,

His Lordship will hunt you down,

and you know it.

I'm past caring, Killearn.

The lantern.

Go back, get Betty, and we'll try him before morning.

Now.

Inside.

- Mary! Mary! - Who is it?

It's Alasdair.

Rob's holding Killearn,

and he wants to see Betty straight away.

I'll wake her.

Treat her gentle. She's near the end of her tether.

Where's my father?

Wheesht.

Are the soldiers coming?

You two should be sleeping.

Stay there!

Get my knife!

Mary.

Where's the girl?

Betty Sturrock hanged herself in our shed.

She made me bring her.

I made him bring me

for I have dealings with this Killearn.

Me and Betty Sturrock and Betty Sturrock's child,

the three of us will bring it out of him.

No. This is no matter for him.

This is between us.

As I am your wife, Robert, I will have my way in this, I will.

Betty!

Is that you?

Betty is dead.

She killed herself this night

and her unborn with her.

Mistress McGregor.

So the poor girl is dead.

Spare me your hypocrisy, Killearn.

You are as much her murderer as she,

you and that Englishman.

I had no part in her child

any more than that matter at Craigrostan.

You stood and gloated.

You did all with your eyes.

You have not told him.

You think me such a puppet

that I would put my husband's head in a noose

fashioned from my own dishonour?

You have a proposal for me.

I can tell.

You will sign your name to a statement

telling how you slew Alan McDonald,

stole my husband's money, burned our property.

Before a judge you will sign it.

And let them hang me in the tolbooth for my trouble?

No great inducement, Mistress McGregor.

When it is signed,

you may go where you will... where you can.

I shall not soon forget,

Mary,

the last time I saw you.

How nobly you walked from that burning,

like a queen.

You will sign it or else.

Or else what?

You'll tell Rob how Cunningham used ya?

I have another picture

not so noble

of you stood in Lomond Water,

washing between your legs.

Hmm?

I wondered many a time since that morning,

did you wash Archie out of you,

or is he still in there, growing into his father?

He is.

He is!

Well, I have a proposal for you, Mistress McGregor.

Persuade your man that Cunningham alone killed his man

and kept the money entirely,

and I will not speak of what you have

inside ya.

Rob would be hard pressed to love such a bastard,

would he not?

But you know the saying, Mary.

'Tis a wise father knows his own child.

And if you'll not say anything, neither will I.

You have my word on it.

Aagh!

St...

Stop!

Stop!

Oh! Cut... me!

Ah! Stop!

She cut me.

The bitch cut me!

Mary, are you hurt? Hmm?

Are you hurt?

What have you done, woman?

Ow!

Am I cut bad?

Am I cut bad?!

Not bad enough for me.

I mean, my God, what made you do such a thing?

I have as much cause as you in this. More.

He must confess.

He will never confess.

Betty was right. He has the devil in him.

He's my prisoner. Don't you understand?

Oh, Robert, there are things you must know,

things I have to tell you.

So?

Tell me.

There was...

Well?

He's dead, Rob. I could do nothing.

Oh, Robert, listen to me now.

There's no time for talk now.

Alasdair, can you sink a man?

Aye.

Cut the wind out of him, put a rock in his belly,

take him out where it's deep.

Montrose will scour us out.

We must make sure you and the lads are safe.

Deep, mind you!

I am mocked by this rogue

who you took to deliver me broken.

'Tis myself who will be broken if these raids go on.

Now my factor is abducted in plain view.

Am I gone mad?

Your Lordship...

Do not,

do not, I say, speak in my stead.

There's something here that I do not see.

Killearn and you have some hand in matters

that is hid from sight.

This tells me that you are in cash,

yet I know you are without means.

Gaming, Your Lordship.

The cards favoured.

Do you take me entirely for a Whig, sir?!

I care not what you and that greasy capon have cooked up

but put an end to this impudence against me.

I am James Graham, Marquis of Montrose,

and I will not be mocked.

You hear me?

We can't let them burn, loot, and ride away.

We should hit them, Rob.

Cunningham is there. He's the one that...

I know who he is.

Have you no thought to avenge Mary for that?

There's 30 or more men. They'd ride us down like sheep.

Alasdair McGregor is no sheep.

Coll's right. We can do nothing.

Damn the wee fool!

Scatter! Find your own way home!

Heh heh heh!

There they are!

After him!

I want McGregor!

Fire, you fools! Fire!

I hit one of them.

And it will cost us, I'm thinking.

Yah!

Move!

I want McGregor!

God's curse on you for a brother, Alasdair.

I want McGregor!

You're getting too old for the wars, Rob, eh?

Agh!

Come on!

Fire! Fire, you fools! Fire!

Put me down.

Shut your mouth.

Run, Rob, run!

Go on, Rob! Run for yourself!

I want McGregor!

I want McGregor! After him!

Be quiet!

Hold still. Hold still.

Knocked the breath out of me.

Rob,

I can't feel my legs.

Are they there?

Aye, aye. Your legs are fine.

Forgive me, Rob,

for I can't forgive myself.

Save your breath, lad.

I couldn't have saved her, Rob.

They were done with Mary before I reached her.

She made me swear not to tell you.

I'm sorry.

Done what with Mary?

Done what?

She said...

She said if she could bear it...

What of Mary, Alasdair?

Rob, I can't see.

I'm here, Alasdair.

What of Mary? What of it?

They...

They violated her.

Alasdair,

who did this?

The mist is clearing.

Be ready.

Be ready!

You men, search upwards!

Uh!

Follow!

Heeyah!

Where is he? Over there!

Get the horse!

Well, well...

The great McGregor come to hand at last.

Well, how does it seem to you tonight, McGregor?

Is God's great plan for us all to your liking?

"Broken but not dead" was His Lordship's request.

I will do my part if you will do yours

and not die before the bridge at Glen Orchy.

Tell me,

what did you do with that bag of guts, Killearn?

Vex me not, McGregor,

or I shall have you dragged awhile.

I'm a man of my word.

You're a thief, a murderer

and a violator of women.

Ah, I had hoped you'd come to me long since on that score.

If I had known earlier,

you would have been dead sooner.

I will tell you something to take with you.

Your wife was far sweeter forced

than many are willing.

In truth, put to it, I think not all of her objected.

I appreciate the honour you do me, Mistress McGregor,

in bringing your case.

But from all I'm acquainted with your husband,

he has earned the enmity of the Marquis of Montrose

by borrowing money that he cannot repay

and ever harrying his stock as blackmail.

There is more to the matter, your Grace.

I'm sure there is,

but it is not part of mine to intrude myself,

sensible as I am to your condition.

It's a hard thought,

but men make the quarrels,

and women and weans bear them.

Your Grace, Robert finds himself in this condition

for taking "your" part.

My part?

What cause had he to do that

and in what manner?

He refused to condemn you by false witness

when the Marquis asked him to say you were a Jacobite

to injure your name at Court.

Montrose asked this of him?

In remission of this debt.

But Robert refused.

I did not know your husband bore me such good will.

Indeed, I think he favours you

no more than any great man.

"As wolves at lambing"

is his word for you all.

It was not done for Your Grace

but for his own honour,

which he holds dearer than myself or his sons,

his clan or kin,

and for which I have oft chided him.

But it is him and his way,

and were he other, he would not be Robert Roy McGregor.

He would not come here before you,

nor would he favour me to do so in his stead,

but I have no choice

unless I give him up entire to his enemies.

And though I love his honour,

it is but a moon-cast shadow to the love I bear him.

For the grace of God,

I have his child inside me

and I would have a father for it.

You do your man no dishonour, Mary.

Faith, he is a man much blessed by fortune.

They have McGregor, My Lord.

Cavalry, halt!

Broken but not dead, Your Lordship,

as you requested.

Ungag him.

So, McGregor,

what have you to say for yourself?

I have been wronged by Your Lordship

and by those who serve him.

"You" are wronged?

You?

If I am not much mistaken,

it is myself that is short £1,000, whose cattle is reived,

and whose factor, Killearn, is abducted.

Then ask this thing here where your money is

and where he sunk Alan McDonald after he killed him.

Same accusations he spat at me, Your Lordship.

Desperate words from a desperate man.

Do you have proofs of these matters?

You have my word on it.

Oh, I think it will take more than that.

Then you have the nature of this man here.

If Your Lordship cannot tell what is true

from what is not,

then I fear his judgement is beyond repair.

Hang him from the bridge.

- McGregor! - Cut him free!

Bring him back here!

I want him back!

Bring him back here!

I see him!

Right through that gap!

Just through there!

Oh, what a stench!

What a stink! Do you smell this?

Let's get downwind of this.

Is this where we may stay?

Aye, by His Grace's goodness,

under his protection.

- Will Father come here? - If he can.

No!

Robert?

 Robert!

Oh, my Robert!

What have they done with you?

You should have told me, Mary.

Robert, I should have, but I could not.

Forgive me, my love.

I was wrong.

It was wrong.

No. It was me who was wrong.

You were right when you told me I must have it my own way.

It's that which brought all this on us.

I should have packed my pride and given Montrose his way.

No, Robert.

And all this has come on us, all this you have endured.

Craigrostan would still be ours.

Alasdair and Coll would be alive.

And wrong would have been done you!

And what of the wrong done you,

wrong past bearing?

No, not past bearing.

Not past bearing.

Not if I have my Robert,

and he has himself.

And you would not,

not if you had done a lesser man's bidding.

Honour is the gift a man gives himself.

You told our boys that.

Would you have stolen from yourself

that what makes you Robert McGregor?

Oh, my Mary.

How fine you are to me.

And you to me.

Oh, Robert, there is more.

What more?

I am carrying a child

and I do not know who is the father.

Ach, Mary.

Mary.

I could not kill it, husband.

It is not the child who needs killing.

This point of honour might likely kill you, sir.

I have seen the man at work,

and he is no dunce with a blade.

If Your Grace could arrange this,

I would be more beholding to him than I already am.

Very well.

I will see what I can make of it.

McGregor.

Sir?

He will kill you, McGregor.

I would lose money if I wagered other.

Your Lordship has my permission

to profit what way he may.

I have had a correspondence

from His Grace, the Duke of Argyll.

It would seem that our McGregor is holed with him.

He offers us a match,

you and the Highlander.

Argyll would recoup his loss from his last wager.

Bring him on.

You speak, Archibald?

One must never underestimate

the healing power of hatred.

How long must you go, Father?

Just for a while.

Is it business you have with the Duke?

Aye, business.

Boys, have you heard there's going to be another addition to the family?

Show them where it's hid, Mary.

Is it... inside you?

How does it get out?

The same road it got in.

Robert...

- Robert, what if you don't... - Wheesht.

No, I cannot.

What if...

Shh.

I cannot.

What if you do not return to us?

If it's a boy, call him Robert.

If a lass,

name her for my love... Mary McGregor.

My man Guthrie was like an ox at the knacker's yard

under Cunningham's blade.

You will need to be twice as quick as poor Will.

Tell me, McGregor,

is this matter of honour concerning your wife?

It's concerning me, Your Grace.

Mr Cunningham and I have matters outstanding.

She will not thank you for making her a widow,

honour or no.

Perhaps you'd like to wager a sum for her maintenance.

If it will help you die any easier,

I'll lay 20 guineas for her.

50 would go further.

By God, but you have a style to you, McGregor.

I like that.

Aye.

So, what are we to wager on this outcome, Your Grace?

Guineas again?

I want no part of this.

There are more than champions here.

I think these men hate the other.

Aye.

They are none too fond.

You offered McGregor amnesty from his debts

if he would lay charges against me.

So, that is how he cozened you

to give him shelter.

Oh, I know the truth when I hear it.

Oh, and here was me thinking that

that was God's gift alone.

Do not think that all sins go unpunished in this life, Montrose.

Well,

I see one set soon to be paid for.

Will you not take my odds, Argyll?

I give you five on the fop.

I wager you but this:

If McGregor lives,

you will acquit him of all he owes you.

And if he loses?

I will pay his bill.

My factor will call upon Your Grace's factor.

You are here on a matter of honour.

I am here to assure you settle it honourably.

There will be no backstabbing.

You will not throw your blades,

nor will you use weapons other than agreed.

If quarter is asked...

No quarter will be asked.

Or given.

Attend upon your weapons

and commence upon my mark.

Neither asked nor given.

I will hold you to our bargain.

Those wounds will need care.

By Your Grace's leave,

I'll go where it can best be found.

As you will.

I will know who to wager on the next time.

I hope Your Grace will live so long.

Mother! Look!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

La serie de televisión Breaking Bad.-a

Introducción  Breaking Bad es una serie de televisión dramática estadounidense creada y producida por Vince Gilligan. Breaking Bad...